Sr. Director • United States
Retail Investment Specialist, Skip Melin is a well-rounded and knowledgeable real estate professional with dedicated commercial real estate experience since 1998. He is accomplished in all areas of the industry, including investment sales, landlord and tenant representation.
As a Senior Director for Cushman & Wakefield, Skip is focused on providing retail investment sales services on behalf of institutional and private investors. He has completed transactions ranging from single-tenant net leases with the Mayo clinic and Walgreens to selling enclosed regional malls. Skip has seen and done most everything including retail/multi family/office mixed-use sale involving a reverse 1031 exchange.
Through his affiliation with Cushman & Wakefield and CCIM, Skip relies on the most up-to-date and comprehensive market information available to guide his clients in making critical real estate decisions. A trusted advisor, Skip averages more than 50 transactions annually and has closed deals in no less than 40 states across the U.S.
Previously, Skip provided landlord and tenant representation for many of the area’s and nation’s most recognized names throughout his career.
- MNCAR Retail Deal of the Year
- Colliers Retail Deal of the Year (multiple years)
- Executive Sales Award (multiple years)
- Colliers MN Top Retail Producer (multiple years)
- Offshore Club (multiple years)
- Former Board of Directors Center for Training Careers
- Volunteers at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis
Skip is an active member of numerous industry organizations, including:
- CCIM Institute through which he holds the prestigious CCIM designation
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors (MNCAR)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Minnesota Shopping Center Association (MSCA)
Skip's clientele includes retailers such as:
- US Bank
- SpartanNash grocery stores
- Toys R Us and Babies R Us
- Foss Swim Schools
- Panera Bread
- BP Amoco
- UPS stores
- H & R Block
- Snap Fitness
- Planet Fitness
- Edward Jones
- Massage Retreat and Spa
- The Joint, and Yogurt Lab.
He has also represented institutional and private landlord clients, such as:
- Safeway Group
- Merchants National Properties
- Innercity Investment Properties
- PNL Group
- Copaken Brooks
- Greywolf Partners
- New Liberty Investments