In 2018, the Cincinnati office, like other offices across the country, created a local “Cushman Cares” committee. Each year, it’s the committee’s mission to identify a variety of events to benefit local charities.
Our Cushman Cares team and employees enjoyed a successful first year. We honored commitments to support the following organizations through our time, treasures and talents:
The University of Cincinnati Barrett Cancer Center – Ride Cincinnati
- Raised $4,225 through the sponsorship of three Cushman and Wakefield riders who participated in the event.
The CityLink Center – Spring Clothing Drive
- Collected new and gently used men’s and women’s professional attire and accessories to help stock the CityLink Center’s Clothing Connection, which dresses clients for upcoming job interviews.
The Dan Beard Council, Boy Scouts of America – Dodgeball Tournament
- Sponsored and participated in this fun annual event. The tournament raised over $67,000 for the Boy Scouts of America.
Dragonfly Foundation – Chalkfest
- We provided an artist and a sponsorship for the event. The Dragonfly Foundation supports families of children with pediatric cancers through encouragement and activities.
Freestore Foodbank – Rubber Duck Regatta
- The Rubber Duck Regatta is one of the largest fundraisers for the Freestore Foodbank. Each year, our Asset Services team sells ducks to raise money. In 2018, the team raised $10,356. One of the team’s ducks was pulled as the winning duck from the Ohio River during the regatta!
Knock Cancer Out of the Park – Cincinnati Red’s Charity Game Event
- Purchased over 140 tickets to distribute to friends and family of cancer patients and survivors for the Knock Cancer out of the Park Red’s Game at the Great American Ball Park.
The Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and Medical Center – Go the Distance for CCHMC
- Served as a $2,500 sponsor and our volunteers provided waters to walkers and runners at the finish line.
American Heart Association – CycleNation
- Two teams of eight participated in CycleNation at Washington Park and raised over $2,000 for the American Heart Association.
The Salvation Army – Adopt-a-Family
- Sponsored a family of six and provided all of their requested needs as well as gift certificates to Kroger and Walmart.
We are looking forward to giving even more in 2019! For questions regarding Cushman Cares, please contact Katie Ziegler (email@example.com), Cushman Cares Cincinnati chairperson.