Vice Chairman • United States
Stephen R. Preuss is a Vice Chairman in the Capital Markets Group of Cushman & Wakefield, where he focuses on investment sales for the New York Metropolitan Area, primarily in the outer boroughs. Team Preuss has several team leaders and consists of an office of more than 20 associates. Each team leader focuses on a specific market and attributes neighborhood specific knowledge and experience while the balance of the team provides support in all areas.
Stephen has transacted in over $4.1 billion of investment and commercial real estate over his 17 year career. During his tenure, he has sold in excess of 400 properties and currently has over $800,000,000 in exclusive listings – the largest commercial inventory in Queens. Stephen is the #1 top producer in Queens and Top 100 Nationwide for Investment Sales and Capital Markets. He is a major contributor to multiple major publications including Commercial Observer and The Real Deal, among several other regional and national publications. Stephen is a board member of the Queens Community House, and a major contributor of several other not-for-profit organizations including the Long Island City Partnership, Queens Chamber of Commerce, Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce, Chinese Business Association, and the Chinese American Planning Council.
Cushman & Wakefield is a global leader in commercial real estate services, helping clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenues of $5 billion across a variety of core services. Cushman & Wakefield is proud to be #1 in New York City with 41% market share in transaction volume over $500,000, and 71% market share in transaction volume over $250 million.
- Cushman & Wakefield Top Performer Middle Markets – Tri-State, 2019
- Cushman & Wakefield #1 Queens Broker 2016, 2017, 2018
- Cushman & Wakefield Top 100 Broker 2016, 2017, 2018
- Cushman & Wakefield Top Producer by Market, 2018
- Cushman & Wakefield Top Producer by Title Class, 2018
- Top Sales Broker by CoStar Group, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- #1 Investment Sales Firm in NYC & Queens, The Real Deal 2019 Rankings
- Queens Chamber Golf Outing 2019 Honoree
- Queens Chamber of Commerce Panelist – ‘The Last Mile’ Industrial Event, 2019
- BISNOW Panelist – LIC Queens Annual Conference, 2019
- Commercial Observer Panelist – Brooklyn Queens Forums, 2019
- Cushman & Wakefield Speaker Series Opportunity Zone Panelist - 2018
- Top Businessmen in Real Estate & Development Queens - Star Network 2016
- 2018 Chinese Business Association Appreciation Award
- 2018 AREAA State of Queens Real Estate Speaker
- 2017 JP Morgan Chase Queens Commercial Real Estate Panelist
- 2017 Queens Real Estate Conference Commercial Real Estate Panelist
- Massey Knakal Award representing overall values in Queens, 2009, 2011, 2013
- Massey Knakal Award for passion, 2007, 2008
- Kew Gardens Hills Portfolio - $216 Million package of 53 walk-up multifamily buildings
- LIC Davis Street Development - $24.8 Million Residential redevelopment, $230 per buildable sq. ft.
- Bank of America Bell Boulevard - $13.5 Million Bank of America anchored retail strip, $1,388 per sq. ft.
- Springfield Gardens Multifamily Portfolio - $14.1 Million Four-building multifamily package, 6.9% capitalization rate
- Citibank Bank Great Neck - $4.125 Million Trophy Citibank, 4.0% capitalization rate
- 14-34 110th Street, Flushing - $16,000,000 Waterfront mixed-use multifamily, 5.3% capitalization rate
- LIC M-Zone Hotel Development Sites - Aggregate Price $22.3 Million Three properties with up to 143,165 buildable sq. ft.
- 215-01/11 42nd Avenue, Bayside - $9.7 Million One acre+ site for storage redevelopment, $216 per buildable sq. ft.
- Archer Towers Development, Downtown Jamaica - $55 Million Corner two+ acre development site, $102 per buildable sq. ft.
- 77-17 Queens Boulevard, Elmhurst - $4.7 Million UJA-Federation of New York user commercial building, $491 per sq. ft.
- 141-57 Northern Boulevard, Downtown Flushing - $23 Million Corner redevelopment site, $338 per buildable sq. ft.
- Corona Holiday Inn - $37.35 Million Operating LaGuardia Holiday Inn for re-positioning, $165 per buildable sq. ft.
- 71 Nassau Street / 29 John Street, NYC - $19.55 Million Ground floor retail condominium, $3,436 per sq. ft.
- Claudio’s, Greenport Long Island - $14 Million Waterfront Claudio’s restaurant & development opportunity
- RKO Theater Development, Downtown Flushing - $65.775 Million Mega mixed-use development with approved plans for ~348K buildable sq. ft.
- Vanguard Shopping Center Portfolio - $23.776 Million Portfolio of three retail centers in Queens, $530 per sq. ft.
- JFK Hotel Development - $35.5 Million Hotel development with approved plans for two hotels & 544 keys
- The Queens Community House, Board Member
- Long Island City Partnership (LICP)
- Commercial Queens Committee
- Real Estate Board Political Action Committee
- Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY), Commercial Queens Committee
- Queens Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce
- Chinese Planning Council
- Chinese Business Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- The North Shore Lions Club
- Brookville Country Club
- Long Island Business Network Member
For Sale • Commercial Buildings
21795 Hempstead Avenue, Jamaica, New York, 11429-1228
Jamaica, NY 11429-1228
For Lease • Warehouse/Distribution
368 Stagg St
Brooklyn, NY 112061725
For Lease • Retail
50-05 Metropolitan Avenue
Ridgewood, NY 11385
For Lease • Office
9-03 44th Road
Long Island City, NY 11101
For Lease • Retail
45-01 Northern Boulevard
Queens, NY 11101
For Sale • Commercial Buildings
4385-4401 AUSTIN Boulevard, ISLAND PARK, New York, 11558-1620
ISLAND PARK, NY 11558-1620