Executive Director • United States
Mr. Pike is an Executive Director with Cushman & Wakefield Western, Inc.’s Valuation & Advisory division where he is a member of the firm’s Dispute Analysis & Litigation Support practice. Previously, he served as Managing Director of Landauer Associates, Inc. in Los Angeles and was a real estate appraiser with CB Commercial Real Estate Advisory Services. He was an Assistant Vice President with Security Pacific National Bank in Los Angeles as an appraiser and a construction lender.
Mr. Pike’s areas of expertise include airports, aircraft fixed base operator (FBO) and aircraft maintenance & repair facilities (MRO), industrial buildings (warehouses, manufacturing facilities, business parks, development projects and special purpose uses), entertainment parks, movie studios, parking structures, apartment buildings, townhouse condominiums, high-rise condominiums, single family subdivisions, resort housing with fractional interests, shopping centers, regional malls, high-rise and low-rise office buildings, hotels, marinas, mixed use properties, office parks, transportation corridors, cold storage warehouses, food processing facilities, environmentally impaired properties including industrial sites within superfund areas and brown field sites.
- Annual Conference Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute (CCIM), “Hotel Market Trends,” San Diego, California
- Japanese Real Estate Professionals sponsored by the Appraisal Institute, “Discounted Cash Flow Modeling,” Los Angeles, California
- Insurance Industry Appraisers Group, “Appraisal Methodology,” Orange County, California
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Loyola Marymount University
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI and AI-GRS). As of the current date, Mr. Pike has completed the requirements of the continuing education program for Designated Members of the Appraisal Institute
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following state:
- California – AG004001
- Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS Designation)
- President – 2013 - Southern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute
Litigation Support Experience
Mr. Pike is qualified as an expert witness in the Los Angeles County Superior Court and in Federal Bankruptcy Court (California and Kentucky).
- As an expert witness for the Securities and Exchange Commission, reviewed an appraisal of involving contested San Bernardino County assessments.
- Expert witness testimony in Los Angeles County Superior Court for a downtown Los Angeles residential high-rise building.
- Expert witness testimony in Los Angeles County Superior Court for a California charter school client on valuation matters.
- Expert witness testimony in Federal Bankruptcy Court (Los Angeles Central) regarding a fractional interest property in Mammoth Lakes, CA.
- Expert witness testimony in Federal Bankruptcy Court (Kentucky) regarding a California retail property in Simi Valley, CA.
- Expert witness testimony in Federal Bankruptcy Court (Los Angeles Central) regarding an industrial building with environmental impairment in Burbank, CA.
- Provided expertise in the valuation of motion picture studios and amusement parks on tax appeals with the Los Angeles County Board
He served as a third-party neutral arbiter involving the following:
Ground rent determination for a major marina property in Marina del Rey, California.
Los Angeles County Superior Court appointed neutral arbiter for rent determination for a major retail property in Beverly Hills, California.
Los Angeles County Superior Court appointed appraiser representing both parties involving valuations of multiple industrial warehouse properties in California and Arizona
Engaged by JAMS – The Resolution Experts regarding a valuation dispute on a retail property in Glendale, CA.