Before you go to bed tonight, another 15,000 sf of coworking space will have opened in the U.S. More than 5 msf of it came online in each of the past three years.
This incredible pace of growth continued in the first half of 2018 with another 3 msf added. Cushman & Wakefield's Coworking and Flexible Office Space report explores the benefits, risks, and future opportunities in the world of flexible office space.
- Investors are comfortable with a coworking space ratio of 15-30% of a building.
- This ratio is increasingly perceived as a strategic necessity by landlords and investors.
- Coworking is well-positioned to weather an economic downturn.
- Flexible office space will triple in size—representing 5-10% of office inventory in many markets.
- Coworking demand is strong, but only 30-40% is additive.