Director • United States
Based in Tampa, Ryan Rawls leverages capital markets and corporate finance expertise to develop optimal transaction solutions for corporate real estate users. He helps his clients rationalize large capital investments typically associated with critical real estate facilities such as headquarters locations, lab / manufacturing facilities and data centers. Given the size of investment and importance of facility to business performance, such transactions typically require a comprehensive evaluation of the lease versus own decision and in depth analysis of financing alternatives. In the case real assets are already owned, Ryan helps his clients develop appropriate monetization and disposition strategies in order to release capital tied up in real estate to reinvest in core business activities. Ryan acts as an extension of his client’s finance departments and ensures corporate real estate decisions are aligned with overall financial objectives, operational needs and real estate risk tolerance. In addition, as a member of the deal execution team, Ryan works closely with local market and subject matter experts to ensure transaction results are consistent with client expectations.
Ryan formerly led Cushman & Wakefield’s Financial Advisory Practice. The Practice consists of senior finance professionals and provides comprehensive financial modeling and technical accounting advisory for complex real estate transactions.
Before joining Cushman & Wakefield, Mr. Rawls was a transaction manager at Savills. In this capacity, he represented corporate clients with real estate requirements in multiple markets across the United States. In addition, Mr. Rawls has also served as senior financial analyst at Jones Lang LaSalle. Before entering the real estate industry, Ryan spent three years as a senior financial auditor with Ernst & Young.
- Master’s in Accounting, University of Virginia
- Bachelor’s in Finance, minor in Economics, University of Florida
- Martin Marietta HQ Relocation (120,000 sf) – Raleigh, NC
- Amerilife HQ Renewal (70,000 sf) – Tampa, FL
- Lennar HQ Relocation (156,000 sf) – Miami, FL
- ReliaQuest HQ Expansion (32,000 sf) – Tampa, FL
- Dominos Build to Suit Production Facility (60,000 sf) – Lexington, SC
- CFA Charterholder
- Georgia Associate Real Estate Broker
- Florida Real Estate Sales Associate
- Florida Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A)