Exec Director • United States
Michael Garcia is a Senior Director with the Valuation & Advisory group of Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. in New York. Mr. Garcia is a member of the Multifamily Practice Group and specializes in the valuation of residential properties in New York City.
Mr. Garcia is an appraiser with the Valuation & Advisory group of Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. in New York. Prior to joining Valuation & Advisory in August 2005, Michael Garcia was a biology teacher. He also served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Cameroon, Africa, where he taught biology and physical education in a rural village community. Upon returning to the U.S., Mr. Garcia continued to work in education as a teacher in Connecticut and New York City.
Since joining the division, Mr. Garcia has worked on various appraisals of residential properties including cooperatives, condominiums, student housing, affordable housing, land, and shell buildings throughout New York City. He has also worked in the Los Angeles office on appraisals of casinos and hotels throughout the United States. Mr. Garcia works as a colleague of John T. Feeney, Jr. who specializes in the valuation of residential properties in New York City and co-heads the national Multifamily Practice Group.
- Cushman & Wakefield Rising Star Award – 2012
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, University of Evansville
- Master of Art, Secondary Science Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- State of New York Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, License No. 46000049472
- Candidate for Designation, Appraisal Institute – Metropolitan New York Chapter